May Favorites

Jun 3, 2014





 Hi everyone! Since I'm now getting back into the swing of things, I wanted to start off doing a May Favorites post since I haven't done one in forever. I don't have a ton of favorites this month, but there were few items that I found myself reaching for all the time. 

One of my absolute favorite products that I've been loving is the new Revlon Highlighting Palette which is a really nice dupe for the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick. I got the Revlon palette in the color Rose Glow which is a gorgeous mix of champagne and rose colors that add the perfect bit of glow to your cheeks. As the name says, it is a highlighting palette but I have been using it as my blush and adding another highlighting powder on top of it. It doesn't give too much highlight to your cheeks, so if you like a bit more then layering a another shimmery powder on the top of your blush will give it an extra little pop.

Benefit High Beam has become such a staple in my makeup routine for the last few months. I have been using it to brighten up under my eyes by adding a tiny dab of the product and blending it in with my fingers. It doesn't make my under eye area look too bright, but it gives just enough to make my eyes look brighter and more awake. If you want to add more of a glow, then popping a little dab of it on your cheek bones looks gorgeous as well! 

Of course when spring and summer come around I have to bust out my bright lipsticks! One of my all time favorites is the Miliani lipstick in the color Fruit Punch. It's a fun matte bright pink that is perfect to wear if you want to spice up your makeup a little bit. It's not a super bright fuchsia pink which I like, but it definitely is one of the brighter colors that I have in my collection! I love to wear this when I have a more simple look going on and I want to brighten it up a bit. It's the perfect summer lipstick in my opinion!

The last favorite that I have for this month is a nail polish. I love painting my nails fun bright colors during the warmer months, but for some reason I keep going back to Essie's Sand Tropez, which is a gorgeous neutral beige color. It's a shade that goes with anything and everything and it's easy to just pop on your nails when you don't really feel like picking out a color. The formula is my favorite out of all of the polishes I own. It's easy to put on and quick to dry. If you haven't tried this stunning shade yet, I would highly suggest trying it out!

What are some of your favorite products from last month?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I love reading what you all have to say
& always try to reply to everyone! If you would like to chat with me or
have any questions, the best way to reach me is on twitter: @ohashleyyy
or send me an email: laceandpearlsx@yahoo.com
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! xo